CALL TODAY 08-6244-4226


What if my claim is very small?

Your claim may be worth making even if it may seem very small at first.
It is always worth looking into – you may feel alright today, but it is important to check the same and ensure that you will still be okay in the future.

How do I start a workers’ comp claim?

  1. You need to speak to your HR or your manager to get a Workers’ Compensation Claim form.
  2. You then need to get your GP to complete a First Certificate of Capacity.
  3. Both forms need to be handed to your employer.
  4. This must be done as soon as possible after your injury.
  5. It is important to start your claim by providing correct information. Call us if you need some help.

How do I start a car accident claim?

  1. It is important to remember that the Third Part Insurer insures the other driver, not you.
  2. The Third Party Insurer in WA is the Insurance Commission of Western Australia (‘ICWA’).
  3. The Insurance Commission of Western Australia requires that you complete an online crash report. You must compete the crash report at:
  4. You also need to fill the Online Crash Report as soon as possible after the accident.
  5. After that you need to fill a Notice of Intention to Claim form.
  6. You should be careful about ensuring that all information you submit is accurate.
  7. It is important to start your claim with all correct information and processes. You can contact us if you need help.

What do I do after a car accident?

  1. Are you ok? If not, get medical help. Look after yourself as the first step.
  2. Take photographs of your car, the other car, and the accident scene, especially of the point of the impact.
  3. Get the other drivers name, address and contact number
  4. If there are any witnesses, get their names and addresses and contact numbers too.
  5. Call your Insurance Company and report the damage to your car.
  6. Keep receipts for any expenses incurred.

How much is my claim worth?

You can claim your lost earnings, and out-of-pocket expenses such as medications and treatment. You are also entitled to any future medical costs and lost earnings. But your losses must be “caused by” the accident and your injuries. The best way of working out whether an expense is related to your accident  is to ask your GP or treating practitioner. We investigate every aspectto make sure you are back on track.

How long does a claim take?

Injury law is designed to compensate you for your injury. Your claim should be ready to settle as soon as you have medically stabilized. Lian Hall Injury Law work with your doctor so that we are able to assess the value of your claim and get your claim finalized as soon as you’re in a stable condition.

What are the costs?

We work on a No win no fee basis. There are no upfront costs. For more information see No Win No Fee

Are there any hidden costs?

No, there are no hidden costs. We disclose all of our costs up front in a cost agreement. See our No Win No Fee policy

How do I get the cost of my car repairs back?

There is a difference between claiming compensation for your injuries, and, claiming the cost of the repairs for your damaged car. If your car is damaged you should contact your insurance company. It is important that you deal with your insurance company right from the beginning. If you do not have insurance, and if you are a client of Lian Hall Injury Law, then we will guide you through the process of recovering your car repair costs.

Let’s Work Together